Bases Loaded

Go Back   BasesLoaded Baseball Forums > Main Discussion Rooms > MLB BaseBall
Register FAQChatBox Full Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

MLB BaseBall The room to discuss MLB. American league, National league, World Series and more.

Old 04-16-2017, 11:01 AM   #1
TheHat

Team: The Amazin Mets - Ya Gotta Believe!
TheHat is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to TheHat
Default This forum is dead

Looks like this forum's days are numbered. Really thought it would have picked up when the season started.

A shame really.

Mibbe a Facebook group would get more involvement. Has to be a group though not a Page.

Thoughts?
Old 04-16-2017, 12:35 PM   #2
Greensox
Administrator

Greensox Reputation is at first base

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHat View Post
Looks like this forum's days are numbered. Really thought it would have picked up when the season started.

A shame really.

Mibbe a Facebook group would get more involvement. Has to be a group though not a Page.

Thoughts?
Agreed on both counts.

Interest in MLB seems to have totally dropped from where it was a year or so back.
Greensox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 03:15 PM   #3
TheHat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greensox View Post
Agreed on both counts.

Interest in MLB seems to have totally dropped from where it was a year or so back.
I don't think interest has dropped from anyone I know that follows the game but I think visiting multiple social media platforms has.

I started a wee group on Facebook a while back for music fans with a bit of movies and tv chat anaw. Mostly for sharing interesting content and it gets it's fair share of daily posts.

I find myself using Facebook for most of my interests online now with various groups.

I would start up a Bases Loaded Facebook group but I'm not admin on here so don't want to step on anyone's toes. However I'm positive it would be a success. There's no doubt we all have plenty of baseball fans in our friends list to populate it.
Old 04-16-2017, 03:48 PM   #4
sheffieldcelt

sheffieldcelt is on a distinguished road

I don't use face book but use twitter and what's app

Been no drop in baseball interest but agree the forum is dead - same people all in contact using other media - site not growing

Personally I don't think the interest is there this side of Atlantic - those that get into baseball passionate about it but to be honest there is not much interest about these parts in baseball
sheffieldcelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 03:51 PM   #5
Greensox
Administrator

Quote:
I don't think interest has dropped from anyone I know that follows the game but I think visiting multiple social media platforms has.

I started a wee group on Facebook a while back for music fans with a bit of movies and tv chat anaw. Mostly for sharing interesting content and it gets it's fair share of daily posts.

I find myself using Facebook for most of my interests online now with various groups.

I would start up a Bases Loaded Facebook group but I'm not admin on here so don't want to step on anyone's toes. However I'm positive it would be a success. There's no doubt we all have plenty of baseball fans in our friends list to populate it.
Sounds very plausible to be fair - people now frequent social media before forums.

I will look into the FB suggestion with an other and get back to you on it.

Would it totally finish this place off though ?
Old 04-16-2017, 05:30 PM   #6
rmonsta
Administrator

Team: Yankees
rmonsta is on a distinguished road

I said as much to Gary a while back. The place is as good as dead. I only really keep it open because of fantasy and predictor. A closed Facebook group would be ideal and we can chuck it here. I don't agree interest in baseball has decreased if anything I think it's growing. Forums in general are suffering due to there being other better forms of social media. Only really well established forums with decent membership are still doing alright but even they have found traffic decline due to the rise of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc.
Old 04-16-2017, 06:03 PM   #7
TheHat

Quote:
Sounds very plausible to be fair - people now frequent social media before forums.

I will look into the FB suggestion with an other and get back to you on it.

Would it totally finish this place off though ?
It would probably finish it off for me yeah. I only look in mibbe once a day as it is. Never any new content. Far easier just to share interesting stuff on Facebook.
Old 04-16-2017, 07:31 PM   #8
rmonsta
Administrator

Team: Yankees
rmonsta is on a distinguished road

It will likely kill this place off unless people can see a decent reason to keep it going.
Old 04-18-2017, 06:32 AM   #9
garyuk

Team: Mets
garyuk is on a distinguished road

Facebook is a thing I have never used nor will ever use.

Will be sad if this place dies and would miss you all
garyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 07:16 AM   #10
TheHat

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyuk View Post

Why's that?
Old 04-18-2017, 09:47 AM   #11
Greensox
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyuk View Post

I used to be the same - but using FB groups is very handy tbh. You dont need to do anything else but belong to a group and you receive notifications of any posts in the group. You can be on FB and only use it specifically for things that you are interested in.

Give it a try I'd say.

No matter what though The Hat is correct - this place is dead and people seem to have moved on from forums to short and snappy social media.
Old 04-18-2017, 09:58 AM   #12
TheHat

Quote:
I used to be the same - but using FB groups is very handy tbh. You dont need to do anything else but belong to a group and you receive notifications of any posts in the group. You can be on FB and only use it specifically for things that you are interested in.

Give it a try I'd say.

No matter what though The Hat is correct - this place is dead and people seem to have moved on from forums to short and snappy social media.
Exactly right, you can customize it completely to your own needs. You only need to share as much as you want to (or nothing at all)
Old 04-18-2017, 10:29 AM   #13
Greensox
Administrator

Quote:
Exactly right, you can customize it completely to your own needs. You only need to share as much as you want to (or nothing at all)
Or indeed make things up and portray to the world that you have an ideallic life surrounded by only happiness and bliss - which in reality is not the case
Old 04-18-2017, 11:09 AM   #14
TheHat

Quote:
Or indeed make things up and portray to the world that you have an ideallic life surrounded by only happiness and bliss - which in reality is not the case
This WOULD be me if I had your projector setup in my gaff
Old 04-18-2017, 11:20 AM   #15
garyuk

Team: Mets
garyuk is on a distinguished road

I get that there is a lot of positives and ways to configure it and a lot of people like it but I have just never liked it. There is just something about it that just really gets on my tits I know that may be an irrational opinion but i am a Mets fan so I am used to them
garyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 07:04 AM   #16
TheHat

Looks like the Facebook group is a relative success so far and I can only see it growing and evolving. Has far more members than this forum already and more people commenting/sharing stuff.

It's a real pity a couple of the guys on here won't use Facebook. You might want to reconsider and just use it for Facebook groups alone. You will also find it's fantastic for baseball coverage via team pages and media. You don't have to put your life on there and I doubt very much that you're on any FBI watch lists
Old 04-20-2017, 12:20 PM   #17
Krys1888

Team: Tampa Bay Rays
Krys1888 is on a distinguished road

I can't remember the last time I was able to watch a game, so I haven't really felt like I can contribute to much!
Krys1888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 09:20 PM   #18
Tangerine 53

Tangerine 53 is on a distinguished road

A little depressing to see a thread with this title but understandable. For me interest in the forum seemed to die off at the start of last season which is a shame as my own personal interest in the game is unabated. The problem is that if you make a few posts and no-one responds then the interest in posting further diminishes - certainly the case with me.

I'm not on Facebook but may look to joining if that's where the informed comment is nowadays. I'm not looking for something that is too team parochial but one that is more generalist as I'm far more interested in the game in the wider sense.
Tangerine 53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 06:54 AM   #19
TheHat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangerine 53 View Post
A little depressing to see a thread with this title but understandable. For me interest in the forum seemed to die off at the start of last season which is a shame as my own personal interest in the game is unabated. The problem is that if you make a few posts and no-one responds then the interest in posting further diminishes - certainly the case with me.

I'm not on Facebook but may look to joining if that's where the informed comment is nowadays. I'm not looking for something that is too team parochial but one that is more generalist as I'm far more interested in the game in the wider sense.
You can tailor Facebook exactly to your needs. Just follow those types of accounts.
Old 04-21-2017, 07:27 AM   #20
Blackmick

Team: Detroit Tigers
Blackmick is on a distinguished road

Watched quite a lot of the games so far this season as April always has a lot of day games. Don't tend to post much on forums these days in general as there are that many social media platforms around now.
I'm a Tigers fan so my baseball interest focuses on them primarily,i would be more inclined to Post about the Tigers than on a general baseball thread but there aren't many of us so that's difficult.
I really enjoy Fantasy Baseball and the predictor which keeps me up to date on what's happening outside of the AL central.
Blackmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 08:27 AM   #21
PeteCFC

PeteCFC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmick View Post
Watched quite a lot of the games so far this season as April always has a lot of day games. Don't tend to post much on forums these days in general as there are that many social media platforms around now.
I'm a Tigers fan so my baseball interest focuses on them primarily,i would be more inclined to Post about the Tigers than on a general baseball thread but there aren't many of us so that's difficult.
I really enjoy Fantasy Baseball and the predictor which keeps me up to date on what's happening outside of the AL central.
Nae luck
PeteCFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 08:44 AM   #22
Blackmick

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteCFC View Post
Nae luck
Ah know what was that all about??
You boys couldn't even hit the pub before that series. Our outfield defence was shocking last night was that bad it was comical
Old 04-21-2017, 09:07 AM   #23
PeteCFC

PeteCFC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmick View Post
Ah know what was that all about??
You boys couldn't even hit the pub before that series. Our outfield defence was shocking last night was that bad it was comical
Your infield/pitcher was that much better either with that pop-up that was dropped
PeteCFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:09 AM   #24
Blackmick

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteCFC View Post
Your infield/pitcher was that much better either with that pop-up that was dropped
It was a bizarre lineup last night to be honest, hope he puts that experiment down as "not again".