Bases Loaded

Go Back   BasesLoaded Baseball Forums > Main Discussion Rooms > MLB BaseBall
Register FAQChatBox Full Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

MLB BaseBall The room to discuss MLB. American league, National league, World Series and more.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2017, 08:20 PM   #121
Blackmick
Senior Member
 
Blackmick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Scotland
Team: Detroit Tigers
Posts: 511
Blackmick is on a distinguished road
Default

What a waste of time the league will be this year, didn't realise it was so stacked!
Blackmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 08:31 PM   #122
PeteCFC
Senior Member
 
PeteCFC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Glasgow
Team: Tampa Bay Rays
Posts: 341
PeteCFC is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmick View Post
What a waste of time the league will be this year, didn't realise it was so stacked!
That'll give him 5 amazing keepers for the following two seasons as well.
PeteCFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 08:38 PM   #123
Blackmick
Senior Member
 
Blackmick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Scotland
Team: Detroit Tigers
Posts: 511
Blackmick is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteCFC View Post
That'll give him 5 amazing keepers for the following two seasons as well.
I left the draft,was just wasting my time. I want out of this league, Mark do you have anyone wanting to take on a team?
Blackmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 10:09 PM   #124
PeteCFC
Senior Member
 
PeteCFC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Glasgow
Team: Tampa Bay Rays
Posts: 341
PeteCFC is on a distinguished road
Default

Happy enough with my team. Roll on the season
PeteCFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 10:16 PM   #125
TheHat
Senior Member
 
TheHat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Drogheda, Ireland
Team: The Amazin Mets - Ya Gotta Believe!
Posts: 5,619
TheHat is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to TheHat
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmick View Post
What a waste of time the league will be this year, didn't realise it was so stacked!
I have no idea what this means?

I only kept 2 pitchers and am pretty happy with the team I drafted.
__________________
from Queens come Kings...
TheHat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:13 AM   #126
Tangerine 53
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,988
Tangerine 53 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmick View Post
I want out of this league, Mark do you have anyone wanting to take on a team?
Not at this stage, no
Tangerine 53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:50 AM   #127
Blackmick
Senior Member
 
Blackmick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Scotland
Team: Detroit Tigers
Posts: 511
Blackmick is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangerine 53 View Post
Not at this stage, no
Ok let me know if you can find someone.
Blackmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 09:44 AM   #128
Tangerine 53
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,988
Tangerine 53 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmick View Post
Ok let me know if you can find someone.
In the event that a replacement can't be found, can I ask on behalf of the rest of the league what your intentions are?
Tangerine 53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 02:57 PM   #129
PeteCFC
Senior Member
 
PeteCFC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Glasgow
Team: Tampa Bay Rays
Posts: 341
PeteCFC is on a distinguished road
Default

Andy, why don't you have a SS on your roster?
PeteCFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 03:05 PM   #130
andy_bluejay
Administrator
 
andy_bluejay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,312
andy_bluejay is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteCFC View Post
Andy, why don't you have a SS on your roster?
I meant to pick one up with my last pick. It would only be for the first few days until Trea Turner gets shortstop eligibility. Robinson Cano will play 2nd.
andy_bluejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 03:14 PM   #131
PeteCFC
Senior Member
 
PeteCFC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Glasgow
Team: Tampa Bay Rays
Posts: 341
PeteCFC is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_bluejay View Post
I meant to pick one up with my last pick. It would only be for the first few days until Trea Turner gets shortstop eligibility. Robinson Cano will play 2nd.
PeteCFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 03:58 PM   #132
TorontoPaul
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 29
TorontoPaul is on a distinguished road
Default

I think this year should be called the battle for 2nd place as nobody is going to get near Andy.
Smart move by Andy and fair play to him, but I think it shows if you tank one year and trade for picks it just messes up the next season. Allowing the trading of draft picks has crippled the game, not just this year but next season too.

I'm planning on joining another 1 or 2 leagues. I think with the cherrypickers so stacked I can only really see this league as a second option.

Anyone ever played Dynasty league? I assume this is what happens in those when 1 team drafts well?
TorontoPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 07:00 AM   #133
Blackmick
Senior Member
 
Blackmick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Scotland
Team: Detroit Tigers
Posts: 511
Blackmick is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangerine 53 View Post
In the event that a replacement can't be found, can I ask on behalf of the rest of the league what your intentions are?
Dont worry mate ah won't just bin it, will keep an eye on it.
Blackmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 10:19 AM   #134
TheHat
Senior Member
 
TheHat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Drogheda, Ireland
Team: The Amazin Mets - Ya Gotta Believe!
Posts: 5,619
TheHat is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to TheHat
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoPaul View Post
I think this year should be called the battle for 2nd place as nobody is going to get near Andy.
Smart move by Andy and fair play to him, but I think it shows if you tank one year and trade for picks it just messes up the next season. Allowing the trading of draft picks has crippled the game, not just this year but next season too.

I'm planning on joining another 1 or 2 leagues. I think with the cherrypickers so stacked I can only really see this league as a second option.

Anyone ever played Dynasty league? I assume this is what happens in those when 1 team drafts well?
I had a look at his team and I wasn't all that impressed I must be really out of touch with things

Edit: Had a look again and it looks better now I'm sober still don't think he's unbeatable

I dunno for a poxy tenner or tweny we kick in for prize money it's just summit to have a wee bit interest in for me everyday. Would be different if I was in one of these leagues where guys were playing for serious cash but this is just a muck about really. For me anyway
__________________
from Queens come Kings...

Last edited by TheHat; 03-21-2017 at 10:27 AM..
TheHat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 06:24 PM   #135
TorontoPaul
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 29
TorontoPaul is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHat View Post
I had a look at his team and I wasn't all that impressed I must be really out of touch with things

Edit: Had a look again and it looks better now I'm sober still don't think he's unbeatable

I dunno for a poxy tenner or tweny we kick in for prize money it's just summit to have a wee bit interest in for me everyday. Would be different if I was in one of these leagues where guys were playing for serious cash but this is just a muck about really. For me anyway
LOL i don't think anyone is "in it for the money" or the prize.
Everyone here just wants something to give them a bit of interest. Obviously we'd like the most competitive league without one team being a lot stronger than the others.

Regardless of what you think of his picks. One guy having 2 first (technically 3rd) round high picks and multiple in the next round isn't good for the competition.

Smart move by Andy.
TorontoPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 06:37 PM   #136
TheHat
Senior Member
 
TheHat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Drogheda, Ireland
Team: The Amazin Mets - Ya Gotta Believe!
Posts: 5,619
TheHat is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to TheHat
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoPaul View Post
LOL i don't think anyone is "in it for the money" or the prize.
Everyone here just wants something to give them a bit of interest. Obviously we'd like the most competitive league without one team being a lot stronger than the others.

Regardless of what you think of his picks. One guy having 2 first (technically 3rd) round high picks and multiple in the next round isn't good for the competition.

Smart move by Andy.
LOL I don't think his team necessarily is a LOT stronger than all the others. Time will tell but it's not a big deal to me.
__________________
from Queens come Kings...
TheHat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 01:34 PM   #137
Ukmets
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 71
Ukmets is on a distinguished road
Default

The dynasty league im in uses real contracts and a salary cap so not as easy to maintain an overpowered team. Plus it uses an auction which balances it up. It isn't a problem trading for picks but it depends how deep the keeper system is and when it's as shallow as here it doesn't make much sense.
Ukmets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 04:19 PM   #138
PeteCFC
Senior Member
 
PeteCFC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Glasgow
Team: Tampa Bay Rays
Posts: 341
PeteCFC is on a distinguished road
Default

Does scoring start today because my team isn't showing upfor todays games?

Edit. I'm talking shite, that's for my other league that starts weeks 2.

Last edited by PeteCFC; 04-02-2017 at 04:35 PM..
PeteCFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 11:22 AM   #139
Tangerine 53
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,988
Tangerine 53 is on a distinguished road
Default

I'd be grateful if you could all pay the 15 dues. Wire the money to me on Paypal (choose the friends and family option please) at highway-star@hotmail.co.uk . Any problems please let me know.
Tangerine 53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 11:01 PM   #140
TorontoPaul
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 29
TorontoPaul is on a distinguished road
Default

I lost by 0.01 on a Strike out per 9 average. FML!
TorontoPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 12:18 PM   #141
TheHat
Senior Member
 
TheHat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Drogheda, Ireland
Team: The Amazin Mets - Ya Gotta Believe!
Posts: 5,619
TheHat is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to TheHat
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangerine 53 View Post
I'd be grateful if you could all pay the 15 dues. Wire the money to me on Paypal (choose the friends and family option please) at highway-star@hotmail.co.uk . Any problems please let me know.
sent
__________________
from Queens come Kings...
TheHat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 09:13 PM   #142
Tangerine 53
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,988
Tangerine 53 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangerine 53 View Post
I'd be grateful if you could all pay the 15 dues. Wire the money to me on Paypal (choose the friends and family option please) at highway-star@hotmail.co.uk . Any problems please let me know.
Underwhelmed at the response so far. Only 3 people paid after this request bringing the total that have paid (including myself) up to 6. Please, f you haven't done so yet, make the payment. Thanks
Tangerine 53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 12:16 AM   #143
OddSox
Senior Member
 
OddSox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Dumbarton
Team: Boston Red Sox
Posts: 778
OddSox is on a distinguished road
Default

Just sent mine there, sorry about the delay
OddSox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 06:55 AM   #144
TheHat
Senior Member
 
TheHat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Drogheda, Ireland
Team: The Amazin Mets - Ya Gotta Believe!
Posts: 5,619
TheHat is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to TheHat
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangerine 53 View Post
Underwhelmed at the response so far. Only 3 people paid after this request bringing the total that have paid (including myself) up to 6. Please, f you haven't done so yet, make the payment. Thanks
I'll post this on the Facebook group. I'd be contacting them directly if I was you.
__________________
from Queens come Kings...

Last edited by TheHat; 04-21-2017 at 06:59 AM..
TheHat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 07:06 AM   #145
Tangerine 53
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,988
Tangerine 53 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHat View Post
I'll post this on the Facebook group. I'd be contacting them directly if I was you.
I posted it on the Yahoo site also so everyone should have received the message via email. 3 more payments since last night though so we're getting there hopefully.
Tangerine 53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 12:58 PM   #146
Tangerine 53
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,988
Tangerine 53 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangerine 53 View Post
I posted it on the Yahoo site also so everyone should have received the message via email. 3 more payments since last night though so we're getting there hopefully.
Regrettably no further payments since this last message. This means that 7 people have still to pay despite messages on here and emails sent via the Yahoo site. Getting fed up tbh.
Tangerine 53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 07:32 AM   #147
spiggle
Senior Member
 
spiggle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: West Lothian
Team: White Sox
Posts: 1,651
spiggle is on a distinguished road
Default

I paid. Did you get the payment that I sent?
__________________
Bases Loaded Fantasy Champion 2014
spiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 06:24 AM   #148
Tangerine 53
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,988
Tangerine 53 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiggle View Post
I paid. Did you get the payment that I sent?
Yep got yours thanks. You aren't on the naughty list
Tangerine 53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 02:50 AM   #149
sheffieldcelt
Senior Member
 
sheffieldcelt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: sheffield
Posts: 1,645
sheffieldcelt is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangerine 53 View Post
Underwhelmed at the response so far. Only 3 people paid after this request bringing the total that have paid (including myself) up to 6. Please, f you haven't done so yet, make the payment. Thanks
apologies delay

sent it now
sheffieldcelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:47 PM.

/ A System0 Development / Contact Us - BasesLoaded - Archive - Top

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.